Hero Day a Huge Success!
On Thursday, February 13, Second Harvest and more than 300 volunteers kicked off Hero Day at TTC stations and PATH locations across the city, raising awareness and funds for food rescue.
It's not too late to be a Hero!
You can get still get involved by running a workplace campaign, making a donation online, selling raffle tickets, or by visiting these Hero Day supporters:
- Dufflet's Pastries: Love cookies? For the entire month of February, $1 from every Cowboy Cookie sold at any Dufflet location will be donated to Second Harvest. Visit Dufflet at any of their 3 locations!
- Caplansky's Delicatessen: $1 from every Caplansky's lunch and dinner feature sold during all of February will be donated to Second Harvest.
We want to send a special thank you to our other business donors:
- Salad King: Diners enjoyed Toronto’s favourite Thai at Salad King for a whole week! Customers were asked to round up their bill to donate for food rescue.
- Riverside BIA: All businesses in the Riverside area were asked to display Hero Day donation tins at their cashes from Feb. 1 to Feb 13.
- The Ministry of Community & Social Services and the Ministry of Children & Youth Services held a Vendors Market from Feb 12 to Feb 14 at 900 Bay Street (St. Lawrence Lounge). All vendor table fees were donated to Second Harvest.
- Orderit: For every order placed on Orderit.ca on February 13, Orderit donated the equivalent to one meal to support Hero Day!
Full Story >